How would you like to spend quality time with your family this winter without breaking the bank? A “#staycation” is a great way to make memories on a budget, and since most of us are still experiencing cold February temperatures, why not stay warm with cozy, kid-friendly activities at home? We’ve put together a handful of our favorite “staycation” activities to keep everyone entertained.
5 Ways to Enjoy A Winter “Staycation” With The Whole Family
- Create a home spa. Instead of paying big bucks for luxury and relaxation, your family can enjoy a little R & R in the comfort of your own home. If you have your own spa bath, that’s perfect, but a traditional bathtub will work as well. Light some candles, give massages, and pour in the bubble bath. Afterward, gather around the fireplace in big, comfy bathrobes while sipping hot chocolate. This is a great activity to save for the end of the day so that every member of the family can sleep soundly after the pampering.
- Throw a game night. Families that play together stay together. A “staycation” is the perfect time to indulge in some competitive family fun. Whether you decide to pull out the board games or grab a controller to play a round of video games, it’s an excellent opportunity to laugh and joke around with your loved ones.
- Cook as a family. Why not round up some helpful kitchen assistants this winter break? During your “staycation,” cooking together is an inexpensive and enjoyable way to make memories. Whether you recreate an old family recipe or tackle a brand new masterpiece, you’ll never forget the smiles, jokes, and laughter you enjoy with your beloved cooking staff. Besides, everyone loves to eat good food, and you’ll save money by choosing to stay in!
- Play in the snow. Instead of a pricey stay at a ski resort on a crowded mountain, use Mother Nature to your advantage by having fun in your own backyard or local area. Make snowmen, have a snowball fight, or take a couple sleds to a hilly park nearby. If there’s a skating rink in your area, rent skates and hit the ice as a family.
- Explore local tourist sites. A “staycation” is an ideal time to hit up all those local sites you’ve never had the time to visit. Check out museums, parks, activity centers, sports games, and other locales that pique your interest. Taking the time to learn more about your surroundings and enjoy what your town has to offer can make you and your family feel even more comfortable in the area you reside.
FreeShipping.com Saves You Money on Your “Staycation”
As you’re planning for your “staycation,” you may need to pick up some board games, spa essentials, or cooking supplies. Look no further than FreeShipping.com for the very best “staycation” savings.
Here at FreeShipping.com, we make it our mission to save you the most possible money every day of the year. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers.
Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
Are you planning a “staycation” this month with your family? Why did you choose a “staycation” over a traditional vacation?