The holiday season is in full swing! That means plenty of parties, get-togethers, and exchanging of gifts.
White Elephant and Secret Santa gift exchanges are popular this time of the year. Not familiar with them? Here’s a little FYI:
- In a White Elephant exchange, everyone brings a wrapped gift. People take turns selecting a gift from the pile, opening it, and deciding whether to keep it or swap it for someone else’s already unwrapped gift.
- In a Secret Santa exchange, each person is secretly given the name of another player and buys that person a gift. All the gifts are then distributed anonymously at a holiday gathering.
Both activities add a little extra fun and entertainment to holiday gift-giving, particularly among friends and co-workers.
Here at FreeShipping.com, we’re committed to helping you stretch your money as far as possible. So in preparation for the upcoming holiday season, we’re offering a number of gift guides to help you save time, money, and sanity on your Christmas shopping.
If you’re participating in any White Elephant or Secret Santa gift exchanges this holiday season, you’ll need some gifts to give. We’ve picked out some excellent options from some of our favorite registered retailers.
6 Gift Ideas Perfect for White Elephant/Secret Santa Gift Exchanges
- Gift Set. If you’re purchasing a gift for women, they’re likely to adore the Spa Infusion Essentials Gift Set from Juice Beauty. This spa collection set will provide a calm and soothing spa experience, right in the comfort of home. It includes Ylang Ylang spa wash and lotion, a 30-servings tin of spa blend loose-leaf tea, a pack of 30 paper tea filters, and 6 honey straws. The perfect way to pamper her.
- Coloring Book. This one isn’t just for kids — it’s also for the young at heart. Coloring has been found to be an effective way to de-stress, even for adults. The Highlights Hidden Pictures®: A Coloring Book for Grown-Up Children features 80+ intricate scenes. Recipients will get the positive benefits of coloring and get their brains working as they look for 1,200 hidden objects. A fun and thoughtful gift, suitable for adults and children alike.
- Wall Calendar. With the end of the year approaching, a calendar is a timely gift. There are so many to choose from, but the Ansel Adams Wall Calendar from Calendars.com is sure to please practically everyone. This deluxe wall calendar features 13 black-and-white photographs that highlight the beauty and majesty of nature. Filled with stunning images of the American West, including mountain vistas, waterfalls, and landscapes, there’s a reason this calendar is an annual bestseller.
- Clock. Everyone needs a good alarm clock. Why not make it a fun one? Give the Crosley Bakelite Alarm Clock – Silver from Target. The clock will add retro charm to any bedroom or guest room, thanks to its Art Deco-inspired black and silver color pattern, sleek curves, and flowing lines. The bold face makes it easy to read, and the snooze alarm, dimmable backlight, and whisper-soft second hand make it easy on waking eyes and ears. A practical gift with a visually pleasing aesthetic.
- Cocktail Mixing Set. Shopping for someone who likes to throw parties? Get them a Libbey® 9-Piece Cocktails Mixologist Set from Bed Bath & Beyond. It comes with everything they’ll need to make impressive drinks at their next gathering: a 20-oz. mixing glass; a 2-oz. shot glass; a stainless steel strainer; a wooden muddler; a stainless steel spoon; and a 3-piece stainless steel shaker. A great gift for hosts and hostesses the world over.
- Duffel Bag. Is your recipient always on the go? Give him or her a little stylish convenience with the Nike C72 Legend 2.0 Duffel Bag. The 23″ x 8.5″ x 10.5″ carrier has a quick-stash cellphone pocket and other small-item pockets for versatile storage and a durable, water-repellent finish to keep everything dry. A gift that your friend will appreciate for a long time.
Gift Exchange Presents to Fit Any Holiday Budget, Courtesy of FreeShipping.com
We hope we’ve provided you with some helpful gift ideas that will help you cross some names off your holiday shopping list. The good news is that all of the gift ideas mentioned can be purchased from websites that are part of our FreeShipping.com retailer network.
Here at FreeShipping.com, we make it our mission to save you the most possible money, during the holidays and all year long. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on virtually any order, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
Are you participating in a gift exchange this holiday season? Who’s in the exchange — family, friends, co-workers, church members, others?