Valentine’s Day may be over, but that doesn’t mean that the love needs to be! While going to the movies or a fancy dinner are always a staple, why not try something new? Going on fun, different, and exciting dates can be a great way to keep the spark alive, plus who knows — you may find a new, classic date night to add to your list! We put our heads together here at Clique Tips to think of a list of 6 great (and cheap!) date night ideas for you and your sweetheart to try next time you decide to “go out.”
1. While winter is still here, why not go on a winter date? Get some sleds, and find a nearby hill to go sledding on — or maybe even have a snowball fight! It will be fun to pretend you’re 8 years old again, and then go home to warm up with some hot chocolate.
2. Check out a local winery or brewery — this is a fun way to bring out the adventurous side and try a new beer, wine, or even cheese you’ve never tried before. Who knows, you may just find a new favorite! Groupon and LivingSocial are great places to find ideas and deals for your next trip and help you save even more money!
3. Why go out to eat when you can cook as a couple? Try making your favorite foods together, or to add a little more spice, why not try a cooking competition like Chopped? Go to the store together, pick out four random ingredients that you each have to cook with, then taste each other’s dishes! A little (good-natured) competition never hurt anyone!
4. Play 20 Questions! Whether you’ve been together for 2 weeks or 2 years, this is a great way to get to know your significant other even better. You can each write down 20 open-ended questions! Fire questions away at each other, you will be surprised just how much you will learn.
5. Spring is around the corner, so get ready for picnic season. Pack some lunch and snacks, and go have some fun! You don’t need to go far, you can even do this in your own backyard. Just lay your blanket down, and enjoy each other’s company while you soak in the sun.
6. Play some Trouble! Gather up all of your old board games and have a game night. Make it even more fun by putting your phones away so there are no distractions and you can just enjoy the company. Who doesn’t love a little competition? Fun times are sure to be had by all.
These are only 6 great ideas for your next date night — but we know you have even more! What are some of the favorite date nights you’ve ever had? Let us know!