Can you believe it?! Fall is almost here.
The official start of fall is on Wednesday, September 23, 2015, and it’s a great season to spend time with your family. With so many fun events, autumn colors, and cooler weather, there are plenty of entertaining activities to do with your family. We’ve put together a few of our favorites below.
5 Fun Things to Do for Fall
- Rake leaves as a family. You might be saying: Wait a minute, since when is work a fun family activity?! Well, involving the entire family can make this fall duty enjoyable. Kids typically enjoy seeing all of the colorful leaves, feeling the crunchiness under their feet, and jumping into the piles of raked leaves. By making this an annual family tradition, you can kill two birds with one stone. If you need a few extra rakes, check out our registered retailers Home Depot and Lowe’s.
- Take outdoor fall photos. I have a friend who takes her kids to a local park or outdoor space every fall to shoot their own family photos. I love this idea, because fall is a lovely and scenic time to take outdoor photos. If you can’t afford a professional photographer, it’s easy to set up a camera and use a timer. You’ll capture your family’s growth over time and have new photos just in time to order holiday cards. Need a camera? Our registered retailer Canon can help.
- Pick apples or other produce together. The harvest season brings plenty of opportunities to hand-pick fruits and vegetables. Go to an apple orchard or similar growing location to spend time picking produce as a family. Kids often enjoy this hands-on activity, and it provides great photo opportunities. Bring the fruit home, clean it together, and get to work in the kitchen whipping up some tasty fall recipes. A Crock-Pot can be an easy way to make fruit compote, applesauce, fruit butter, cobbler, and more.
- Get lost in a corn maze. With corn being harvested at this time of the year, farmers often turn their fields into corn mazes. This is fun for the entire family, young and old, because most people love the challenge of a good maze. Your family can apply teamwork to get yourselves successfully out of the maze.
- Make a campfire or bonfire. Fall nights can get chilly, so it’s the perfect time to head outdoors and light up a fire the whole family can enjoy. Make some hot chocolate or apple cider for everyone to sip on; bring out the graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate to toast up some s’mores; and tell ghost stories or family tales around the fire. You can find all the outdoor fire supplies you need at registered retailer Wal-Mart.
FreeShipping.com Can Make Your Fall Fun and Frugal
If you want to enjoy fall with your family while keeping costs in check, you’ll definitely want to consider FreeShipping.com. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on every purchase, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
What fall activities do you enjoy doing with the family? Here’s to a happy, healthy, and enjoyable fall! 🙂