Labor Day may serve as the unofficial end of summer, but there’s no reason to be sad. Labor Day weekend is also a great time to enjoy last-minute barbeques and summer activities, as well as to save big on items you want to buy. We’re starting your Labor Day vacation off right with some easy ways to save on purchases this holiday weekend.
5 Simple Ways to Save Money During Labor Day Weekend
- Check your email. If you’re on email lists for your favorite retailers, be sure to review the emails you receive leading up to the Labor Day weekend. They’re sure to be packed with plenty of holiday sales, deals, discounts, and promotions you’ll want to take advantage of.
- Raid your mailbox. Just like your electronic mailbox will be filled with great deals, you can also expect to receive sales papers in your postal mailbox that feature Labor Day specials. You may also receive direct mailings — fliers, pamphlets, postcards, and more — from your favorite stores.
- Shop retailers with low-price guarantees. Don’t want to miss out on any deals or to pay more than you have to for any purchase? Buy from stores and websites that offer guarantees to ensure you receive the lowest prices out there. Walmart’s Savings Catcher will give you an eGift Card with the difference if they find a lower price than what you paid (and yes, it works — I’ve used it numerous times!). If you’re still searching for school supplies, Staples is offering its 110% lowest price guarantee on school supplies until September 19, 2015.
- Check compilation lists. Look for online lists similar to this one from last year that compile various holiday sales and deals from retailers. Blogs that offer advice about couponing and saving money may be great online spots to check out for these compilation lists.
- Shop online with FreeShipping.com. How can we talk about saving money while shopping without mentioning the benefits of FreeShipping.com?! During holidays, FreeShipping.com is an ideal way to take advantage of sale prices while skipping the crowds and aggravation. You can shop from the comfort of your home, at work, or anywhere else you have Internet access. With over 1,000 online retailers, you’ll find most, if not all, of your favorite websites. Plus, thanks to free return shipping and price protection on every purchase, you can shop online with confidence.
FreeShipping.com Takes the Work Out of Labor Day Weekend Shopping
Who wants to work on Labor Day, even if it means getting some good deals? No one! That’s why FreeShipping.com is your solution to carefree shopping during Labor Day weekend and every day. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping via FedEx Ground, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com risk-free with a 7-day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase just for trying us!
Here’s to a happy, healthy, and safe Labor Day to you and yours!