With the dawn of the New Year, many individuals have made a resolution to eat better, #exercise more, and/or lose weight. But with such busy lives, it’s not always easy to incorporate these healthier practices into your life, especially an activity that requires time like exercise. We’ve put together some of our favorite ways to fit exercise into your life.
5 Easy Ways to Incorporate Exercise into Your Life
- Exercise at home. Although a lot of people like to exercise at a local gym, others may be more likely to develop and stick with a schedule if they can do it someplace they already will be: at home. This can involve doing some simple exercises on your own, using a workout DVD, or purchasing equipment that will allow you to exercise from the comfort of home.
- Pick a time that works for you. Different people prefer to work out at different times, depending on their circadian rhythms and daily schedules. Find a time that works for you, and stick to it. It may be early in the morning, on your lunch break, or late at night. Try working out at different times to determine which you prefer. And consider incorporating some EAS 100% Whey Protein Powder (Chocolate) into your post-workout routine; it’ll help you add muscle mass and recover from strenuous exercise, and when you buy it at Sam’s Club, you’ll save $4 on a 5-pound bag.
- Make exercise fun. We all dread doing tasks that aren’t enjoyable. Adding some fun to your exercise routine can make you more likely to stay with it. Figure out how you can add some enjoyment to your exercise. Maybe it’s by attending a dance class or finding a DVD that makes working out fun. For some, it may be adding a certain type of exercise equipment. You might pick up an Everlast 100 lb. Vintage Heavy Bag Kit from Walmart, for instance; you can work out your day’s frustrations when you get home at night — and save over $20 on your purchase!
- Find easy ways to turn regular activities into exercise. Back in the day, a lot of people didn’t have to exercise, because their everyday activities gave them all the exercise they needed. Although many of us may not have active jobs, we can still find ways to exercise while doing everyday activities, like walking the dog, going to the store, or commuting. Look for opportunities to walk, run, or bike instead of driving or taking public transportation; try parking farther away when you go to the store; take the dog out on regular, longer walks; and make more trips up and down the stairs. You’ll exercise without even realizing it!
- Socialize while exercising. Misery loves company, right? Just kidding. Many people find it easier to engage in an activity if they have family or friends along for the ride. Not only does it distract you and make the time fly, it also adds a level of accountability when you get others involved. You can choose to exercise with personal contacts, at a local gym, or in a class setting. You’re actually killing two birds with one stone!
When you’re adding exercise to the equation, it might take a little thinking and planning to find a schedule that works, but it’s so worth it. You will look and feel better.
Fire Up Your Exercise Routine with FreeShipping.com
As you figure out how to incorporate more physical activity in your life, consider FreeShipping.com as your advocate when you require resources to do so. Athleta, Bowflex, Champs Sports, Danskin, and Beachbody are just a few of our registered retailers that have the items you require to kick-start your exercise regimen.
Here at FreeShipping.com, we make it our mission to save you the most possible money all year long. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
How have you been incorporating exercise into your schedule so far this New Year? How and when do you prefer to work out?