It makes financial sense to take good care of your teeth. Dental work can cost you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, so if it can be avoided, you should make all reasonable attempts to do so. If you’re looking to save some coin when taking care of your teeth, we’ve put together a few ways to keep your teeth and wallet healthy.
5 Tips for Healthy Teeth on a Budget
- Stay on top of hygiene. Let’s talk preventative here. By being proactive, you can save a boatload of money at the dentist’s office. Simple daily tasks like brushing, flossing, using mouthwash, and chewing sugarless gum can help keep your teeth in tip-top shape, preventing the need for costly procedures.
- Nip potential problems in the bud. Know that you have a cavity starting to form? Are your teeth beginning to look crooked? It’s normally cheaper to fix a problem earlier rather than later, so don’t delay if you think there’s an issue arising. Be sure to ask your dental provider if the issue is time-sensitive.
- Pay all at once and/or in advance. Looking for a discount? Many dental providers offer a reduction if you pay for dental work prior to it being performed or if you pay the entire balance all at one time. You can normally expect about 5-10% off, but consult with your dental provider for their policy.
- Look for coupons, deals, and discounts. If you’re planning to go to the dentist, keep your eyes open for potential ways to save. Check the newspaper inserts or mail for introductory offers. Daily deal websites like Groupon or LivingSocial may feature reduced price opportunities.
- Go back to school. Vocational schools are a great resource for getting the services you require at budget-friendly rates. Dental school students can offer many dental services for less as they train under instructors.
Following these frugal tips will help you to keep your teeth in premium shape while keeping your budget in check.
FreeShipping.com Can Provide Dental Hygiene at a Discount
When you’re looking to save, FreeShipping.com should be the resource you rely on every single time. You’re always a winner when you use your FreeShipping.com membership to enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers.
In our first tip, we discussed the importance of preventative maintenance to keep your teeth healthy and to avoid expensive dental procedures. Our registered retailer GUM Brands can help you to do just that. They have supplies for all of your dental hygiene needs, including toothbrushes, floss, travel oral care, and more.
Do you know someone who can use some savvy tips to save more on dental care? Be a pal and share this post with them. They’ll thank you for it!