The holidays are in full swing. Have you decorated your home yet? If not, it’s not too late to get started. Celebrating the holiday season can be costly, and festive decorations can definitely add to the expense. But there are ways to minimize the costs while lighting up your holiday season with colorful and celebratory decorations.
5 Affordable Ways to Decorate for the Holidays on a Budget
- Purchase secondhand. Instead of shopping pricey department stores, consider purchasing holiday decorations from thrift or consignment shops. You may find both commonplace and unique holiday décor options at a fraction of the original prices.
- Invest in reusable decorations. When you add to your holiday decoration collection, consider how long the item will last. Over time, you will save more money if you buy decorations that can be used year after year.
- Less is more. You may feel the need to light your house up like Clark Griswold in the movie National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, but there’s no need to go overboard with your holiday decorating. Select a few decorations or areas of your home to focus on and highlight.
- Make your own decorations. An easy way to trim your tree while trimming costs is to get creative and make your own holiday décor items. Check out Pinterest and craft blogs for plenty of fun and festive ideas.
- Look to nature. No need to head to the stores to celebrate the holiday season. You can decorate your tree or home by looking to the great outdoors instead. Pinecones; cinnamon sticks; evergreen wreaths, swags, and trees; holly berries; and twigs can add an organic and inexpensive touch to your holiday decorating.
Decorate on a Dime with FreeShipping.com
Need another way to save on decorations to make your holiday bright? Look no further than FreeShipping.com. With your paid membership, you’ll have access to many valuable benefits, including 10% cash back, free shipping, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers.
Find quality holiday décor when you shop our registered retailer Plow & Hearth. Since 1980, they have been specializing in unique and enduring products for your home and lifestyle. During the holidays, you will find a vast assortment of decorations in their Holiday Shop. If you’re looking for décor items worth investing in, Plow & Hearth can provide them.
Need to freshen up your home before putting up all of those holiday decorations? Home Decorators Collection can help! They have furniture for your entire home, along with products to organize your living space. Your home will be in tip-top shape just in time for all of your holiday guests.
Save money and find exciting options for your holiday decorating on QVC.com. You will be amazed at their selection and prices when you check out the Holiday Décor section on their website. Since 1986, QVC has been wow-ing shoppers with products that represent quality, value, and convenience.
With a little savvy thinking, it can be simple to decorate your entire home without draining your pocketbook. Know someone who can use a little help in that department? Give them a helping hand by sharing this blog post with them. 😉