“What are you doing New Year’s, New Year’s Eve?”
As the song suggests, what you’re doing to celebrate New Year’s is kind of a big deal. Do you have plans yet?
A lot of people attend big and bold shindigs, but such festivities can be expensive. If your wallet is feeling slim after all that holiday shopping, you may want to do something memorable for New Year’s without all the extra expense. You’re in luck, because we’ve put together some fun New Year’s ideas that won’t break the bank.
5 Festive & Frugal Ways to Spend Your New Year’s
- Enjoy a movie night/sleepover. Stay up all night long with a fun movie night at your house. It doesn’t cost too much to rent or stream a few movies, get some popcorn and drinks, and provide family and friends with a comfortable place to lounge. You can take a break at midnight to count down, watch the ball drop, and make some celebratory noise. Have everyone bring their pajamas and pillows for an overnight sleepover.
- Go bowling. Break in the New Year while bowling with family and friends. Bowling is a fun activity on a normal day, but a little glow-in-the-dark cosmic bowling can be a great way to ring in 2016. Find out what special deals, discounts, and activities your local bowling alleys will be offering for the holiday. Enjoy some good music, good-natured rivalry, and New Year’s memories with those you love.
- Host a fondue party. Instead of going out to a fancy party and spending a fortune on attire, drinks, food, and transportation, host your own party at home and keep it casual. If you own a fondue maker or fountain, you can add some chocolate and ask attendees to bring an item to dip, whether fruit, cake, nuts, candy, marshmallows, or pretzels. Or if you prefer savory, you can use melted cheese and dip meats, vegetables, bread, chips, or pretzels. Add some wine or champagne to provide a relaxed and celebratory mood.
- Take a light tour. After New Year’s, the holiday season wraps up, and Christmas lights will be taken down. Schedule a last-minute outing to see some holiday lights — take a walk or drive around the neighborhood, or go to a local lighting event. If you have kids, this is a great way to spend some quality family time that they’ll remember for the rest of their lives. When you return home, make sure to warm up with some hot cocoa and a roaring fire.
- Play board games. Bring some of the past into the future with a fun board game night to welcome the New Year. With the prevalence of technology, it can be refreshing to take a step back and enjoy some retro recreation. Most of us have some board games that we can dig out of the closet, drawer, or garage. They’re fun for young and old alike — and don’t forget to add some tasty snacks to complete the relaxing, interactive experience.
Bring the Savings into 2016 with FreeShipping.com
We hope we’ve provided you with some helpful ideas about how to ring in the New Year without cleaning out your bank account. Of course, if you need any supplies to make it a memorable holiday, look no further than FreeShipping.com for everything you need at significant savings.
Here at FreeShipping.com, we make it our mission to save you the most possible money, during the holidays and all year long. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on practically every order, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
What will you be doing for New Year’s? Who will you be starting 2016 with?