As you’re thinking about the New Year, it’s a great time to set some #goals on how to live life better. Some people call these New Year’s resolutions, but even if you’re not into that concept, the start of a new year is an ideal time to identify some goals to work on.
Maybe your life has gotten a little disorganized and you need to get your act together. Or maybe you’ve let your health go and have decided you need to take better care of yourself. Make 2016 a year of purpose by establishing a goal and taking the necessary steps to make it happen.
Improve Your Health
You don’t have anything if you don’t have your health. If you’ve been neglecting your own well-being for far too long, now is the time to make a change that could lead to increased happiness and a long lifespan.
Here are some ways that you can actively improve your health in 2016:
- Get 7–9 hours of sleep every night
- Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of fluid, particularly water, each day
- Exercise regularly, including a mix of moderate and vigorous activities
- Improve your diet, including eating more fruits, vegetables, and fiber and decreasing salt, sugar, and fatty foods
- Don’t forget to improve your mental health through stress relief, therapy, meditation, spirituality, and time management
Optimize Your Organization
If you’re like most people, you probably have clutter in your home, car, and/or office. With such busy lives and so many priorities, it can be difficult to stay as organized as you’d like. But adding some organization to your life can help you feel calmer, better manage your time, and even save you money.
Here are a few easy ways to organize in 2016:
- Start using a calendar to keep track of upcoming events and reminders
- Clean out your car to remove trash and unnecessary items
- If you don’t already have containers to store your holiday decorations, buy some
- Go through your closet and dresser drawers to determine which clothes you no longer wear, including items that don’t fit or are in poor condition
- Find the proper place for every item in your house
Setting Family Goals
Do you feel like your family never gets enough done? Do you have a mental wish list of family-related goals that have never quite happened?
The beginning of the year is a great time to set some family goals. Maybe you want to save up and finally take that family vacation. Or maybe it’s been awhile since the family has taken a professional portrait together. Does your family have debt that you want to work together to pay off? Or maybe you’ve wanted to put together a family reunion and you decide this is finally the year to do it.
Whatever the goal may be, here are a few tips to make it happen:
- Discuss possible goals with all family members
- Determine which goal to focus your efforts on for 2016
- Lay out some steps that your family will take to reach the chosen goal
- Check in with each other throughout the year to assess progress toward reaching the goal
Making Saving Money a Goal in 2016
It’s wise to set a goal for your New Year, and few goals are better than saving more money. Thankfully, FreeShipping.com can be a big help to you in achieving that goal.
Here at FreeShipping.com, we make it our mission to save you the most possible money, during the holidays and all year long. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on practically every order, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
Here’s to finding purpose and achieving goals in 2016 and beyond!
What goal(s) will you set for 2016? How will you go about achieving your goal(s)?