If you’re anything like me, you love decorating for fall — and especially Halloween! I’m embarrassed to admit I purchased some new Halloween decorations last fall and kept them up through this spring. 😉
If you want to get in the spirit of Halloween by decking out your home in seasonal style, we have some great ideas that are both scary and savvy.
6 Festive & Frugal Ways to Decorate Your Home for Halloween
- Check your home inventory. Sometimes we rush out to purchase new decorations, but we forget to see what we already have to use from previous years. Before you purchase any Halloween décor, check boxes and containers in storage, and use what you have available.
- Buy reusable Halloween decorations. This goes along with the previous tip, but when you invest in décor you can use year after year, you’ll save money in the long run. Look for sturdy Halloween decorations to ensure that they’ll last from year to year, and skip the disposable décor.
- Go with more generic fall decorations. Although it’s fun to buy targeted Halloween decorations, you may be able to save money by purchasing primarily fall-related décor. That way, you can use it for months, including two holidays — Halloween and Thanksgiving. Some ideas include pumpkins without carved faces, leaves, wreaths, scarecrows, and anything with cozy earth-tone colors.
- Make your own Halloween décor. Purchasing decorations can really add up — why not make your own instead? Purchase pumpkins, and decorate them yourself. Looking for inspiration? Check this out: The 25 Best Pumpkin Decorating Ideas You’ve Ever Seen. You can also make ghosts using white sheets, scarecrows, wreaths, and candleholders. Craft stores, like Michael’s, offer many of the supplies you might need at reasonable prices.
- Shop thrift and consignment shops. Get more for your money when you get your Halloween decorations used. Check out local thrift stores and consignment shops for décor items at a discount. Some stores may even feature new items.
- Look for coupons, discounts, and sales. If you plan to purchase Halloween decorations, you want to save as much as you can. An easy way to do so is by taking advantage of seasonal sales, discounts, and coupons. You can find out about these savings opportunities in your email inbox, on social media, in the mail, or on websites. To save even more, seek out retailers that allow you to apply numerous discounts at the same time.
FreeShipping.com Offers So Much Savings, It’s Spooky!
And speaking of coupons, discounts, and sales, we can’t forget to mention our website as a top resource for big savings. When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on virtually every purchase, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
What’s your favorite way to save on Halloween decorating?