Thanksgiving is about a month away on Thursday, November 26, so if you’ll be celebrating the holiday with your family and friends, now is the time to start planning. Developing a game plan for your Thanksgiving feast will help ensure that your holiday goes off seamlessly and is an enjoyable time for all who will eat at your table.
We’ve put together some helpful tips to make planning your Thanksgiving dinner simple.
5 Savvy Tips to Pull Off Thanksgiving Dinner without a Hitch
- Plan your menu. The very first thing you should do to prepare for Thanksgiving dinner is to decide what you’ll be making. Will you be cooking a turkey? What type of stuffing will you have? What sides will you serve? How many different drink options will you offer? What’s for dessert? It’s important to have a grasp on what you’ll be making that day, including any special recipes you plan to utilize.
- Determine your guest list. It’s hard to cook if you don’t know how many to expect. Starting creating a list of potential dinner guests, and make an effort to confirm who will be attending. Call, text, email, or contact your potential guests by social media to find out who will be there. Don’t forget to ask if they’ll be bringing a significant other or additional guests so you can get an accurate head count. If they can’t yet say for sure if they’ll attend, give them a deadline by which to RVSP.
- Write your ingredients list. Now that you’ve determined what you’ll be making and how many you’ll be cooking for, you’ll want to start putting together a list of what ingredients you’ll need to make your Thanksgiving dishes. Once you compile your list, you can check your cabinets, pantry, and refrigerator to determine which items you already have before you head to the store.
- Buy food in advance. Instead of waiting until the last possible moment, use the list you’ve compiled to start buying the items you’ll need to make Thanksgiving dinner. Buying ahead will help you avoid last-minute headaches. You can also spend some time making sure you get the best possible prices on your cooking supplies.
- Plan your dining table. Since dinner is the highlight of the Thanksgiving holiday, you’ll want to plan out your dining table design. Consider what dinnerware, serving dishes, stemware, silverware, tablecloth, napkins, placemats, and centerpiece you’ll use. You may have some of those items, and you may need to purchase others. Keep in mind that you’ll want to feature a festive table, so go for fall earth-tones when selecting colors and patterns.
Buy in Bulk at Sam’s Club When Preparing for Thanksgiving
There’s a lot to prepare for when it comes to Thanksgiving, but have no fear. Our registered retailer Sam’s Club has many of the items you’ll need for your big feast. Sam’s Club is known for offering bulk products at discounted prices, so it’s the ideal place to shop in advance of major holidays. Whether you’re looking for food items, home décor, dining furniture, or seasonal goods, Sam’s Club has what you want. Combine the selection and savings that Sam’s Club normally offers with your FreeShipping.com benefits, and you have a winning combination!
When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on every purchase, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
How many will you be serving this Thanksgiving? What dish are you most looking forward to preparing?