As we inch towards the middle of May and the unofficial kick-off of summer on Memorial Day at the end of the month, the temperatures are rising. Summertime makes us think of fun in the sun, particularly during pool parties. Even if it is not quite warm enough right now to jump in, it is time to start thinking about preparing your pool for the busy summer season. Here are some tips when you uncover your pool:
- Tidy Up—Before you remove the cover, clean it off, as well as any areas surrounding the pool. This will prevent debris from getting into the pool later.
- Inspect and Maintain—After removing the cover, inspect the interior of the pool and its components (filter, pump, lighting, and/or plugs) to determine that they are in good condition. Replace or repair any items that require it.
- Reattach—Make sure to reattach any safety items, like ladders or rails, that you may have previously removed.
- Spring Cleaning—You may need to fill the pool up with a minimal amount of water to clean out the bottom and sides and to remove any existing debris that is left over.
- Turn it On—Once the pool is filled, you will want to turn on the pump/filter and let it run for up to 24 hours. During this time, make sure that everything is functioning properly and that there are no leaks or cracks.
- Testing Makes Perfect—Use a pool testing kit to test the balance in the pool and add chlorine and other treatments as appropriate.
- Ready to Go!—Provided the pool is clean and the filter has run for at least 24 hours, you are ready for pool time.
Before you get started on prepping the pool, you should have the necessary items that you will use during the process. Below is a sampling:
Having the supplies that you need before you get started can help the pool opening process to be smooth and easy to accomplish. Specialty Pool Products (www.poolproducts.com) has close to two decades of experience in serving pool customers. They were the first company on the Internet to sell swimming pool and spa products. They have the knowledge and extensive selection to make your swimming pool season a success. You can find the products and information that you need to open your pool on their Pool Opening page. Plus their blog can provide helpful tips, insight, and information on an ongoing basis on all things pool-related.
Exclusive FreeShipping.com deal for PoolProducts.com: Instant FREE Shipping & Handling on ANY Order of $25 or more!