Halloween will be here before you know it. But since we have a few weeks left, now is the time to start thinking about making your Halloween costume.
Creating your costume can be a fun and frugal way to show up to that Halloween party or get-together with a unique disguise. We’ve searched the Internet and found a few of our favorite costume ideas for young and old. We hope you’ll like them as much as we do.
10 DIY Halloween Costumes Worth Creating
Rosie the Riveter. This is a great one for gals of all ages. Strike a vintage feel when you dress up as the heroine of American feminism: Rosie the Riveter. All it takes is denim clothing, a handkerchief, red lipstick, and some vintage hair styling. Feel the empowerment!
- Lady Gray. Here’s another fantastic idea for women that’s all in the makeup: Lady Gray. The key is getting the makeup right, and other than that, all you need is a black dress and some dress shoes that can come right from your closet. Whoever knew gray could look so good?!
- Mummy. Consider this old standby if you’re looking for something simple and fuss-free. This idea works for adults and kids. Follow this tutorial to make a Mummy costume out of a sheet set. If you have an old pair of white sheets around, you can save a little money by using them. This costume will make sure your budget is not ripped to shreds.
- Despicable Me Minion. I love this idea for parents who will be taking their kids trick-or-treating and need a quick and easy way to look festive. Dress up your head as a Despicable Me Minion using a yellow ski hat or beanie and a few household items. You’ll stay warm and be easy to spot, even at night.
- Rubik’s Cube. I remember having a store-bought costume similar to this when I was a kid, but now you can create your own Rubik’s Cube costume using a cardboard box, colored paper, and electrical tape. Your Halloween costume puzzle will be easily solved!
- Cupcake. I’ve been seeing this one making the rounds on Facebook, and it’s so adorable and simple to make. Dress your little one up like a Cupcake using an upside-down lampshade and batting material. Ideal for girls, young and old. Too sweet!
- Pin-Up. This idea is perfect for the ladies who want to show their sexy side this Halloween. Bring out your inner Pin-up with a pretty dress, pencil skirt or hot shorts, heels, red lipstick, fake eyelashes, hair flower, and bumper bangs and/or victory rolls. You can style your own hair or don a wig. It’s glamour in a hurry and on a budget.
- Etch A Sketch. We’re bringing back another childhood fave with this one, and it’s good for young and old, male and female. Dress up as an Etch A Sketch this Halloween, and we’re pretty sure you’ll have one of the most unique costumes around. This costume idea is really a kick, because it’s designed to be functional!
- Bunch of Grapes. Keep Halloween sweet and natural this year by dressing up as your favorite fruit. This Bunch of Grapes costume is super-easy to put together using inflated balloons and leaves. You choose the color — red, purple, or green! Dress in the matching color for a more convincing look.
- American Idol Contestant. If you’re a fan of pop culture and reality shows, you should dig this super-easy Halloween costume idea. Pretend you’re a competitor on the show when you design your own American Idol Contestant Because of how simple it is, this makes a great last-minute costume for men or women.
Have More Fun and Spend Less This Halloween with FreeShipping.com
Putting together your own costume can be a great way to build a unique and budget-friendly Halloween get-up. Whether you decide to make your own or purchase a ready-made Halloween costume, FreeShipping.com can save you money when you shop at related retailers like Michael’s, Costume Discounters, Official Costumes, and Halloween Express.
When you sign up for a FreeShipping.com membership, you’ll enjoy 10% cash back, free shipping, free return shipping on every purchase, exclusive coupons and discounts, and a search tool that offers you instant price comparisons on any item sold through our cash-back network of over 1,000 top online retailers. Try FreeShipping.com now with our 7-Day free trial. Plus, for a limited time, get an extra $10 cash back on your first purchase using FreeShipping.com!
What are you thinking to dress up as for Halloween? What’s the best DIY Halloween costume you’ve seen?